This policy covers all aspects of your experience with Santa Letter Direct, including use of the website, purchasing and marketing.
We suggest that you read the policy carefully and please feel free to contact us with any questions or queries you may have.
Who we are?
Santa Letter Direct is a brand name of Fuel Tank Media Ltd (Registered address: 2 Chesterfield Buildings, Westbourne Place, Bristol, BS8 1RU) who solely own and operate the complete service. Fuel Tank Media Limited are the controller of your data and if you have any specific questions please drop our data controller an email at email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
When you place an order online via this website we collect a series of data to allow us to create your order, keep you up to date on the order and also to provide the personalised product that has been ordered. The following information is recorded at the time of ordering:
Third Party Data
- Parent/Guardian Name, Contact Number and Address, Email Address
- Child's first and last name, age, sex, date of birth, personalisation details, delivery address, mobile number for further experience text message (for instance, Christmas morning text message)
At present we do not collect, capture or process any third party data based on your experience on our website. Everything recorded has been provided by you via our forms, or by the software/browser you are accessing our website with.
We DO NOT process any payment data, this is handled by our payment service providers PayPal and Stripe. We only receive a notification that a payment has been successful or unsuccessful to then be able to provide you with the products and services you have ordered.
Sensitive personal data
We understand the sensitivity of the children's details that we record against the orders that you create with us, for this reason, all children personal detail is stored in a secure database keeping access to the website and services required to generate their orders. If you have any specific questions regarding this section, then please do get in contact with us.
How do we use personal information?
As you may be aware, your personal details are at the centre of our business and it is very important to us. For you to understand how we use your personal information and the purpose for collection please see the details below.
- When ordering from our website we will use the details contained to create the personalised goods and services that you have ordered.
- User experience - based on the data you provide we will provide you with a increased user experience to provide you with the best service we can.
- When you have provided contact details with your order we will deliver marketing material to you which could be via our email newsletter, postal information or via phone or text message. With each communication there will be an easy way to opt out of the communication that you receive.
- Your data is used internally for product research and development purposes to help us gain insight into the products and services that we provide.
- We store the data under a legal obligation and for fraud prevention of our products and services
We may share personal data with the following third parties.
- Suppliers and service providers, such as technology or print service providers, payment processing and fraud prevention providers, manufacturers and post and courier services.
- Fuel Tank Media companies
- Auditors and professional advisers such as bankers, accountants and insurers; and potentially the UK Government, regulators and or local law enforcement.
How is your data collected?
Your data is collected when you process an order through our website, you will fill in the majority of the data
Retention of Data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. This can also be affected by the complexity of your order; this can be affected by address, number of items ordered, artwork charge, design and materials included.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers for tax purposes.
General Data Protection Regulation
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to erasure – that’s also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it);
- The right to restrict processing – that’s a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing personal data;
- The right to data portability – that’s a right for you to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
- The right to object – that’s a right for you to object to us processing your personal data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – that’s a right you have for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision making.
General Data Protection Regulation